1) Recall an instance when you felt calm and relaxed (such as on a trip or vacation). Try to relive that experience by remembering as many details as possible.
2) Remember at least three of the most positive experiences you have had during your life. Recall as many details as possible. Actually relive the emotional feelings that you had at that time.
3) Remember at least one instance when youwere successful in doing something. Pictureyourself in the situation and feel some of theoriginal pleasure.
4) Recall an act of kindness you did for someone. Feel pleasure in having performedit.
5) Recall an instance when you controlled an impulse such as overcoming a desire or an instance when you refrained form saying something.
6) Think of a positive trait you have or that someone you respect said you have.
7) Recall an instance when you felt inner strength and confidence. Try to experience that feeling by recalling the instance as vividly as possible. Make a cue that will help you remember the instance.
Think of something positive you would like to do. Imagine yourself actually doing it.
9) Think of something nice you can say to someone or do for someone. Imagine yourself actually saying or doing it.
10) Think of something you can do for self-improvement. Picture yourself actually improving.